Monday, January 17, 2011

Senior Gallery










My progress over the past semester can be fully mapped out with the exploration of the space I designed. With interior design elements that are ambiguously incorporated within each piece, I created a connection; the curtains hint at the comfort of home, the netting reveals a connection to the methods of overfishing, and the the crazily painted board with my name on it is similar to the colors used in my early works. These elements are symbolic of my metamorphosis into an experienced artist. I've transitioned from being an artist primarily using drawing tools and mark-making to create art, to an artist utilizing the aid of digital media to create my pieces of art. Art for me isn't about creating something that appeals to others, or the desire to achieve profit. For me, art is about the passion, the feeling, the emotion. When I look at a piece that I've created, I need to feel some sort of overpowering emotion in order for my work to be successful. I've discovered this powerful experience over the 4 years of my involvement in PHS's art program, and its has been essential to my development as an artist, student, and man.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed your exam paper and how you set up this blog display of your work. Excellent analysis.

    ReplyDelete