Friday, January 7, 2011

Home Isn't A Place...




Home, for everyone should inspire feelings of warmth, comfort, and happiness. It is an unscathed memory of the past that remains in our minds for the rest of eternity. A house, technically may become a home, but a home is not defined by the material house itself. A "home" is defined by the people who live there and lay their hard-working hands on the objects within. Their influence, and presence is the heart and soul of a homely atmosphere. My mom, dad, sister, and dog all make my Victorian-era house into a Modern-era home. Each of the backgrounds they are portrayed in, illustrates their usual dwellings and activities. For me, imagining them in those place will send my thoughts hurdling homeward from wherever in the world I am. The colors I used are warm, inviting, and hint at the tones of human flesh. This, therefore, aids in the comprehension of my "Family make a house a home" message. Also, the heart image on each of my family members shows that home(family), is where the heart is. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice work with a meaningful portrait of each family member. While they were posed they don't have a feeling of being posed. I like how you tried to portray something that each person does, getting at who they are as people. This is a great representation of home.

    ReplyDelete