Monday, February 7, 2011

BRINGING LOMBARDI HOME!

Today, Packer fans living with the pathogenic, and highly communicable "Packer Fever", take a sigh of relief. The newly crowned Green Bay Packers brought home the trophy that bears the name of the man who brought initial honor to our humble, but prestigious state. My goal was to honor the achievements of the green and gold, and Lombardi himself. I achieved this by incorporating a ghosted image of Vince Lombardi into the trophy, and placing that trophy in the hands of and edited image of Ben Rothlisberger. Ben Rothlisberger, our hated opponent in Super Bowl XLV?! Yes, ironically the only picture I could find of someone holding the trophy was of Rothlisberger, so I place Aaron Rodgers' face on his body. The asymmetrical symmetry of the image puts the foreground into perspective, and the Green Bay colors incorporated into the scheme add a sense of unity. The angled hand holding the trophy also draws your eye up in the trophy, and through the rest of the piece. I wish I could have found a more high quality image to work with, because it would have been cool to print it onto a poster sized paper. But overall I think my piece displays my message well, and illustrates the pride we Wisconsinites have in our Packers. Go Pack!

1 comment:

  1. Your design work is very convincing on this piece. I think your concept worked out well and it is fitting that Aaron Rodgers has taken over Rothlisberger's body! Nice touch. I also really appreciate your writing style. Very creative post.

    ReplyDelete