Saturday, March 26, 2011

Portfolio Progress 3-25-11

I believe my concentration to be clear, and focused. My works metaphorically, symbolically and allegorically define each icon's memorable life and highlights their tragic deaths. Some even go as far as to illustrate the methods by which their blood was spilled as in my piece "Abraham Lincoln" where John Wilkes deceitfully rests his pistol upon the shoulder Lincoln's corpse. By uncovering the poignant emotions that spring from their deaths, I am able to create a connection between the subject and the viewer. Understanding the life, and the death, of these prominent figures, the viewer becomes familiar with their essence and their beauty--which was cut short by treacherous plots or untimely accidents. I think this concept is easily traced through all my pictures.

My technical ability is evident in each of my pictures, and affects all aspects of my digitally rendered images. Over the past few years I have become very familiar with the workings of PhotoShop, and I am able to utilized this tool to the fullest. By collaging, and editing my images I am able to make them my own and avoid misrepresenting the work of other artists. For instance, in my piece "John F Kennedy" I compiled three different images into the final composition--each adding another layer to the next. This effect allows for a multi-tiered interpretation, and unique conception of the underlying idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment